[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Wed Dec 17 14:42:01 GMT 2003

Two fragments from your comments reveal the same parochial attitude.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:31:04PM -0500, Kenneth Coney wrote:
> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:31:04 -0500
> From: Kenneth Coney <superc at visuallink.com>
> To: list at dshield.org
> Subject: Re: Re: [Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

/* snip */

> If there is a reason why I should allow a computer
> communication from Korea, China, or 100 other nations where I know no one
> and desire no communication with, I have yet to hear it.

Sure. You have no involvement with the vast majority of nations on
this planet, not now or ever. They simply don't exist, as far as
you're concerned.

Good for you. Your vision doesn't extend past the horizon.

> Here's a question that could lead to control of Spam;
> Should a State license (with serious penalties for end users and IPs that
> ignore the rule) be required for each machine that will send more than 150
> emails per month?
> (Second and third licenses envisioned for users who send more than 500 per
> month, or 1000 per day, etc.  Make them pay more for each 500 emails, cut
> the Spam profit.)

It might come as a real surprise to you to learn that your "State
license" will have absolutely no effect on off-shore spam operations.

But I forgot: you ignore most of the world's existence.

It wouldn't occur to you that a license or law drafted in the United
States would have no standing in that vast part of the world you're
not aware of.

- John
--
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"