[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

David Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Wed Dec 17 14:51:29 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:19, Kenneth Coney wrote:
> The first solution is rewrite the law.  Take away the exemption.  About
> spamming not being a crime, that depends on where you live.

I'm really trying not to engage in this colloquy. However, it is very
difficult to arrive at a legally enforceable definition of spam. The
crackpots chant simplistically about consent over content. It's just not
that simple.

What IS possible, though, is to make it unlawful to send email with
forged headers. Similar laws exist for fax transmission banners.
Enforcement is another matter entirely.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence