[Dshield] mail1.giac.net spamcop listed]

Rick Klinge rick at jaray.net
Wed Dec 17 14:54:05 GMT 2003

Ah it's all nuts.  Laws won't help.  I posted weeks earlier.. the only way
to slow it down SOME, in the US anyway, is to have a world wide control
center that proactively monitors and levies monitory fines against US based
Major ISP's. Fines in the hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly, that way
the ISP's could not defray the cost to the end user.  ISP's lackadaisical
approach to spam, shadows the belief that they turn a blind eye to spam
organizations just for their money.  The money obtained from fines could
then be sent to us little ISP's to help cover our cost of wasted bandwidth
and virus prevention.  For the overseas violations simply disconnect them
from accessing the US entirely.  The majority of US based companies do not
conduct business overseas anyway and those that do can suffer the loss,
complain to the world, and go on with life.

~Rick