[Dshield] New version of Mimail perhaps

Nels Bels nelsbels at cableone.net
Thu Dec 18 16:31:29 GMT 2003

I have also seen this type of traffic. It was addressed from the
reciever domain but was from a person that didn't exist in the
organization. (ex. From: Mary at acme.com To: John at acme.com; the from: was
false, while the to: was a valid address)
The difference was the attachment was photos.zip and it had a paragraph
about "these pictures of you and me".  The user that received them saw
it immediately as a fraud and contacted me immediately.  Thus, I have
blocked any e-mail coming from my domain coming into my domain from the
"outside".