[Dshield] Spam Email is there a solution "finally"?

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Dec 19 01:46:11 GMT 2003

> Apparently
> a lot of people who receive this "fill out a quick form" message delete
> it thinking its spam or phishing. ;-)

I am waiting for a couple of these systems to DOS each other, where
the confirmation requests trigger confirmation requests. Maybe its
already happening, but we will never know because the involved
parties can't tell us due to their ingenious e-mail system.

Personally, I kind of gave up on looking at bounces. If you see
any from this list, let me know. My 'bounces' mailbox currently
holds 840 messages. I emptied it last Sunday, so thats not even
a weeks worth.

I do try to set appropriate headers to all mailings we sent to give
vacation programs a hint not to reply. But well, we all know that RFCs
only apply to others.

phone: (617) 786 1563
  fax: (617) 786 1550                          jullrich at sans.org