[Dshield] Re: Spam Email is there a solution "finally"?

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 16:07:26 GMT 2003

Kenton,

from my own experience the AOL approach works fine which is to basically
quarantine suspected spam into a separate folder for each user and allow
the  user to browse the folder at their own choosing. That way if you
think you missed something important you can check the folder just in
case. My approach is to check the spam folder about once a day, remove
false positives and delete the rest. The whole process takes less than 5
minutes.  In my use of the feature over the last 30 days I have not had
any time critical non-spam email hit that folder. I didn't have to even
train the spam filter to begin with although I  can tell the system
about false negatives on a case by case basis. I assume that AOL has
some kind of customized front-end spam filtering system that they have
acquired and/or developed in-house. Perhaps there is someone else on
this list who knows what they are using.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International