[Dshield] Spam Email is there a solution "finally"?

Malcolm Warden malcolm.warden at virgin.net
Sat Dec 20 09:52:13 GMT 2003

> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 14:18, IT Manager wrote:
> > Speaking of Spam E-mail, I came across this little excerpt in an E-mail that
> > someone had sent to me. It asks me to please verify my business before I can
> > send this particular person an E-mail.
>
> Ya there was a company in CA that made a big deal about how verification
> was going to change the way we use e-mail. They went though two rounds
> of VC funding, and then went bellie up. I understand the whole concept,
> but quite honestly I have no interest in filling out a bunch of these
> forms just because I posted to a mailing list.

And if the company running the service is less-than-
honest, goes out of business or has the address file
harvested is some way?

I am 80% sure that the recent mass of spam coming in one
one of my email addresses originated from my response to
one of these C/R services.
Personally I will never respond to one of these again.

Malcolm Warden