[Dshield] New email spam

Chris Mitchell cmitchell at smtusa.com
Mon Dec 22 15:53:44 GMT 2003

I was always told the padding was to generate extra characters so that an
email could not be filtered by size or some kind of check sum based on size.
This would allow the spammer to send the same message in the subject instead
of having to buy or create a program which would rotate through pre-created
messages.  Maybe someone else can comment if I am incorrect.

Thanks
Chris Mitchell
Network Administrator
220 E. Central Pkwy Suite 1010