[Dshield] Cyberkit 2.2 pings.... anyone else getting them?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Tue Dec 23 14:39:56 GMT 2003

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 07:10:17PM -0500, CLE47 at aol.com wrote:
> From: CLE47 at aol.com
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:10:17 EST
> Subject: [Dshield] Cyberkit 2.2 pings....  anyone else getting them?
> To: list at dshield.org
>
> Has anyone figured out what the cyberkit 2.2 is and how to block them???
> Please respond.

This will block pings.

#  chain block: ICMP
/sbin/iptables -t filter -A block \
  --protocol icmp --icmp-type echo-request \
  -j LOG --log-level notice --log-prefix "DROP: ICMP ping: "
/sbin/iptables -t filter -A block \
  --protocol icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j DROP

Of course, since you've given us no information whatsoever about your
configuration, how are we to know what will work for you?

- John
--
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
-