[Dshield] New email spam

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Wed Dec 24 19:58:45 GMT 2003

On Dec 24, 2003, at 4:06 AM, Kenneth Coney wrote:

> So what you are saying is email containing HTML or other coding should
> simply be refused.  That would end 90% of the Spam.  Then a simple
> dictionary filter on the Subject line would eliminate any messages
> with padding or coding.  I like it.  Back to .txt only we go.

I'm slowly but surely telling all of my friends to never send me Email
in HTML form,  and if they do,  then to expect long delays before I can
reply to their Email.   it's working,  but I'm not yet refusing HTML
formed mail,   at least not yet.   But soon.

Then,  I can hardly wait until I get to program our spam filters to
reject HTML mail.   That day is coming soon.

John