[Dshield] CONIN$

Deb Hale haled at pionet.net
Sat Dec 27 13:38:07 GMT 2003

>Zone Alarm on this PC requested a network connection for 'conin$',
>connecting to the internal DNS server on the proper DNS port 53.

David,  I have found two references to conin - both referring to AXEL Office Server AX4000 Communication Server

    both define conin: number of connection requests received by the Office Server

Are you running any connections to this type of device?  (It shows that there is a remote mode - using rsh/rcmd).

Does anyone on the list know of any exploits hitting these devices?

Deb