[Dshield] Safer alternative to Outlook

Bart E. Hawley Sr. bart at texan.net
Wed Dec 31 16:15:04 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Leone" <loki at psu.edu>
To: "General DShield Discussion List" <list at dshield.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Safer alternative to Outlook

> Unfortunately, has to be on Windows. I only see Ximian for Linux.

Its still in early development but you might want to look at Mozilla
Thunderbird. Also I recommend Windows people move from IE to Mozilla
Firebird. While it takes a little more work to configure it, the respite it
provides from popups and Malware is worth the effort. Both programs provide
significant improvements over the M$ equivalents and so far they are not
bloatware.

Supported platforms include Windows, Mac, Linux, OS2, Solaris PC and Solaris
SPARC.

Firebird browser can be found at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/
Thunderbird email and newsreader can be found at

Please be aware that while I recommend these products from experience and
use them exclusively at home and partially at work; they are still NOT full
production software.

Bart E. Hawley Sr.
Systems Administrator
BNet, Inc.