[Dshield] Safer alternative to Outlook

Bill McCarty bmccarty at pt-net.net
Wed Dec 31 22:24:48 GMT 2003

Hi Bill and all,

--On Wednesday, December 31, 2003 11:49 AM -0500 WMAVT at aol.com wrote:

> Check this out. They have privet free accounts and Corporate
> accounts,
> Hushmail 2,048-bit end to end encryption security
> https://www.hushmail.com/....

I purchased a Hushmail account several months ago. Soon thereafter, I had a
problem with the security software. I emailed customer service and got no
reply, even after several days. Eventually, I sent an email to every known
address in the hushmail.com domain. I never received a reply of any sort.

Therefore, I urge prospective Hushmail users to repeat my experiment before
paying for service.

Also, Hushmail's web-based service requires a Java-enabled browser. From
the standpoint of security, I find this less than ideal. Of course, YMMV
<g>.

Cheers,