[Dshield] Virus Alert! "email@example.com"
ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Fri Jan 17 14:02:57 GMT 2003
That is, unless
1) Your email AV product catches it
2) Your PC AV product catches it
3) Your PC firewall product catches it
4) Your MTA is configured to route all email from big_AT_boss.com to
5) You don't open executable attachments from folks you don't know
6) You don't use a Windows PC and MUA to read your email, or if you do you
use the latest version of Outlook.
7) All - or most - of the above (defense in depth).
In which case you will more than likely never even see it.
PGP fingerprint: 5368 D25E 468C A250 9833 CCD6 DBAE 9C25 02F9 0AB9
"Note to spammers: my 'delete' key is connected to YOUR ISP.
Also, if you send me UCE, I reserve the right to post your spew
on my Web site, with the appropriate color commentary, so that
others may have a good laugh at your expense."
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Mojica" <marc at cctr.tamu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 6:38 PM
Subject: [Dshield] Virus Alert! "big at boss.com"
> If you opened an email attachment from "big at boss.com" you may have the
More information about the list