[Dshield] any feedback on NetScreen firewalls??

Daniel G. Kluge dkluge at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 21:30:14 GMT 2003

Am Mardi, 03.06.03, um 20:09 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Michael Thayer:

> Does anyone here have any strong opinions pro or con about NetScreen
> firewalls?  A tech in our organisation is pushing them.

pro:
They're fast and not too expensive for what you are getting. The
Company I work for chose Netscreen for High-Performance Firewalls (100
MBit & GBit speeds), after an evaluation of the products on the Market.
I personally was eyeing for a small one for myself, because of its
versatility.

con:
There are reports that Netscreen discards packets with ECN set. From
what I can tell they don't implement RFC3168, but do a very strict
interpretation of RFC1349 & RFC2474.

My $0.02

-daniel