[Dshield] Activity on port 3110, mostly udp with occasional tcp

Brad Morgan B-Morgan at concentric.net
Tue Jun 10 22:12:19 GMT 2003

I'm seeing a massive amount of attempts to UDP port 3110 (occasionally its
TCP traffic).  My daily activity has been around 500 packets per day but
over the last 3 full days I've seen 1000, 1200, and 1700 packets the
difference all being this 3110 traffic.

All I've been able to find about this port is the common name of sim-control
with a service description of simulator control port.

The Internet Storm Center (graph attached) shows a corresponding spike on
this port but I haven't found any additional information about what this
might be?  Anyone here have any information?

Regards,

Brad Morgan