[Dshield] Spyware Blacklist

Rick Leske rick at jaray.net
Fri Jun 13 00:20:10 GMT 2003

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/spam/adblock.shtml

pretty good write up...

~Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Tombaugh
To: list at dshield.org
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 6:09 PM
Subject: [Dshield] Spyware Blacklist

Does anyone know of a trustworthy and well maintained spyware blacklist? I'm
looking for a text list with CIDR ranges that I can scoop up and auto update
chains.

This guy <http://www.geocities.com/spywarekilla/spyware_blacklist.html> has
nice hosts file but I'd like to block at the gateway instead of null route
at
the servers.

Besides certain ads not loading on web pages, what would be the side effects
of implementing such a list? Would it even be effective?

If there isn't such a list available online, and it is an effective
solution,
would anybody be interested in helping me setup and maintain one?

TIA

-- Mark Tombaugh