[Dshield] Off topic question #2 of the day

Rick Sroka Rick.Sroka at ubcd.com
Fri Jun 13 12:50:15 GMT 2003

http://www.senate.gov/~banking/conf/

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Marsh [mailto:pmarsh at nmefdn.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 4:14 PM
To: 'Dshield (E-mail)
Subject: [Dshield] Off topic question #2 of the day

I'm looking for some information regarding Fed. and/or state regulation
regarding electronic transferring of information.  I know about HIPPA
but I've also heard things in passing about banks and like companies
that have to follow the same sort of regulations.  The reason I'm asking
is because the users in my financial department are exchanging e-mails
with other organization that could be considered to contain personal
information either in the body of the e-mail or in attachments.  I want
to make sure I'm following the Fed. or state regulation before I start
encrypting e-mails.

Thanx, Paul