[Dshield] RE: ICMP Redirects (David Vincent)

David Sentelle David.Sentelle at cnbcbank.com
Fri Jun 13 16:12:56 GMT 2003

If you want to capture all the traffic before it hits your firewall, you could setup a machine with Ethereal, or your sniffer of choice.  Put it on a hub between your broadband box/router/modem, and start listening.  You probably have only one IP, so you'll have to setup a private IP address for the sniffer machine, but that should do it.  Assuming you've got a spare hub and spare machine around.

been thinking about this.  one of the things I've lost by going to a
hardware firewall from a pc using NAT etc. is the ability to capture packets
on my public-facing IP.  unless someone knows something I don't....