[dshield] [Dshield] WinPup32?

R Shady RShady at stny.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 16:03:15 GMT 2003

You're right-not much about it, but follow this thread at:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/r1054992860

The only thing that I can tell you is first delete anything that has
winpup32.exe in it by using Registry Detective which I'll send
you at your yahoo address.  Caution on deleting info in the
registry.  Then do a windows search for the same file name
and delete the file.  It does appear that any of the spyware &
virus applications doesn't know about this trojan as yet.

I would also sugesting that you go to the control panel and:
administrator tools>services and do a right click on
messenger and disable it.