[Dshield] MSN AND DSL

TQMcube TQMcube at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 19:45:39 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 15:21, dubuque1 at mchsi.com wrote:
> Netgear FR114P, Windows 2000, and as I had before the MSN DSL 1000 modem.
> There was mention in the help of their DSL connection tool, it mentions the
> ability to change settings on your MSN modem at https://dslprofile.msn.com,
> however this does not appear to be an accessible address.
> > On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:00, John Dalton wrote:
> > > Anyone have experience with the MSN DSL 1000 modem, and how to allow data to
> > > pass to my netgear router/firewall or how to send the DSL modem data to
> > > syslog ?? I hate hardware devices that think they know whats best for you
> > > whether you like it or not.
> > > jd

I have the RT314. I'm not sure how similar they are but, with the 314, I
telnet to the router and then I am presented with numerous menus. The
default password is 1234.

I recently switched to Linux but, under XP, I had excellent results with
the paid version of Kiwi Syslog Daemon (they offer a free demo). You
might also want to check LinkLogger.

However, both require that you have your router filters set properly. I
suspect that LinkLogger has a model-specific instruction page. If not,
Blake is very good about answering email and he is familiar with most of
the hardware.