[Dshield] Multicast traffic on my Linksys router

Tod Beardsley todb at planb-security.net
Mon Jun 16 12:14:46 GMT 2003

Laurent Saplairoles wrote:

> Basically, what I am seeing is TCP packets (HTTP1.1) going from the
> Linksys internal adapter (192.168.1.1) to the multicast address:
> 239.255.255.250:1900. The type of packet is SSDP
[...]
> Do you guys have any explanation? Do you know how to stop this
> useless traffic?

Ask the kind people at Linksys for a firmware upgrade that allows you to
turn this off. There doesn't appear to be any other way to shut this
up, even with disabling the uPNP and multicast passthrough stuff.

--
"It's okay to yell 'fire' in a crowded theater
if the theater is actually on fire."