[Dshield] Interesting New/Old scam

John Dalton dubuque_1 at msn.com
Wed Jun 18 21:24:05 GMT 2003

Don't know how new. Seems to be along Paypal lines, interesting that it
links eventually to a instant credit report site. I can attach if anyone
wants to see personally. I also at least tried to find a fraud department at
bestbuy, but suprisingly most contact is web forms. I can see non technical
users going for this as well

Thought you might get kick out of first paragraph
>>Dear customer,

Recently we have received an order made by using your personal credit card
information.
This order was made online at our official BestBuy website on 06/17/2003.
Our Fraud Department has some suspicions regarding this order and we need
you to visit a special Fraud Department page at our web store where you can
confirm or decline this transaction by providing us with the correct
information.
This e-mail address has been taken from National Credit Bureau.