[Dshield] Re: security.scan.sec.rr.com

John Groseclose iain at caradoc.org
Fri Jun 20 17:42:23 GMT 2003

Johannes Ullrich writes:

> On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 13:00, Doug White wrote:
>> I just sent 11 abuse at rr dot com complaints via their open relay IP numbers,
>> We shall see what happens as a result.
>
> Please do not harass abuse at rr.com. One e-mail to tell them to add you to
> their 'no scan' list is all it should take.

I think the original complaint was that RR isn't doing anything about their
own wide-open relays (or those of their customers) while scanning the heck
out of anyone who tries to send them e-mail anyway.

By sending the e-mail through the open relays I think Doug was trying to
trigger the RR relay/proxy scan against those self-same relays that he'd
tried complaining to RR about previously.

On another topic, can we get the people who set their "Out-of-Office"
notifications to reply to list postings booted? It's rather annoying to be
getting "Out-Of-Office" notices for each post to the list.