[Dshield] Re: security.scan.sec.rr.com

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Sat Jun 21 02:59:37 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 12:42, John Groseclose wrote:
[snip]
> On another topic, can we get the people who set their "Out-of-Office"
> notifications to reply to list postings booted? It's rather annoying to be
> getting "Out-Of-Office" notices for each post to the list.
[snip]
While it would be a nice idea, the email admins at some of our employers
(mine is one such) have configured Out of Office to reply once to each
sender - regardless of whether it is internal or external, individual or
list.  And, we can't change the settings.  In my employer's case, it was
done for the convenience of said email admin team.

Needless to say, I have NEVER used the OoO feature of my corporate email
system, and I don't subscribe to DShield from that email, to prevent
such boorish behavior on my behalf from occurring.
--
---
Cheers,