[Dshield] Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 1026

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Sat Jun 21 15:35:13 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 10:55, KJS_Public wrote:
> Am I the only one that feels that this message in itself is spam?

I personally found that particular advisory very well
written and 'worth the read'. Overall, I will approve advisories
in this style, in particular as they are very appropriate for
this group.

If a company spends time on researching these issues and comes
up with an advisory like this, I think a small 'plug' is the
least they can expect for the effort.

The alternative is that we will all have to sign up to for-pay
alert lists.

Anyway. This list, DShield, and the Internet Storm Center is
sponsored by the SANS Institute. To sign up for our excellent
classes, see http://www.sans.org for one close to you. (I
hear SANSFIRE will be great this year ;-) )