[Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 1026

Dietmar Goldbeck dietmar.goldbeck at acm.org
Sat Jun 21 19:41:18 GMT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:14:25PM -0400, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
> Well, blocking port 1026 is probably not such a great idea. But
> why would a non-windows user suffer if port 135-139 & 445 is blocked?

I really don't want my ISP to disallow the use of Samba across
Internet connections. If i have to serve documents to windows users,
why not?

(of course i would prefer samba over a vpn, or some other encrypted
file transfer protocol like sftp or webDAV/https).

If ISPs start blocking ports, i would vote for tcp/25.
People should not be allowed to run smtp servers, unless
they have proven knowledge in the relevant RFCs. :-))

  Ciao
   Dietmar

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck at acm.org
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
Civilization?  Gandhi: I think it would be a good idea.