[Dshield] smtp test for open relay

Marc Chabot (.net) marc at chabot.net
Mon Jun 23 15:19:11 GMT 2003

Hi.

FG> My suggestion was for him to access that machine and:
FG> telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org

FG> The result of this is that the machine at mail-abuse.org will back connect to Marc's mail server and
FG> attempt to relay mail thru it with a rather extensive set of relay tests, most of which are nontrivial
FG> compared to what most folks suggest trying by hand via a normal smtp session.

Bull's eye!   That's what I was looking for.  Did anybody tried it
today?  It look like thay have problems on their side because all it
says is:

/proj/maps/bin/in.relaytest: socket failed [bad file descriptor]
connecting to  (the right IP address I use..)
connection to host failed

There was not a single attempt logged on the mail server.

--
Best regards,
 CanonBall                            mailto: marc at chabot.net