[Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windows Messenger Popup SpamonUDP Port 1026

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jun 27 06:47:30 GMT 2003

--On Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:09 AM +0200 Stephane Grobety
<security at admin.fulgan.com> wrote:

> Another option is simply to have different contracts for "home users"
> and for "experts and business".

Better to call it "novice" and "expert" (as I think SpeakEasy does). Normally
one pays more for "business" service, but "experts" should require less tech
support, and therefore shouldn't have to pay a premium just to be left alone.

I continue to think of SpeakEasy as the most enlightened of ISP's when dealing
with expert users. As long as one doesn't do something to get them in trouble
(eg. open proxies and illegal content hosting), they leave one alone to use
one's bandwidth as one wishes.