[Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Port Blocking

Henric Lindblad henric at alternera.se
Fri Jun 27 18:19:07 GMT 2003

How about one of the big "user run" services?
The several thousand Computer games that use different ports to run hosted
games...

Apart from HTTP, FTP, SMTP and P2P game servers is a big user of bandwidht.
(well of the services run by home users anyway...)
Most home users don't knowingly run any services...
and what they don't know only hurts other people. :-)

So i find it unlikely that any ISP with this policy would get any customers,
the gamers would start a riot...

This policy is more suited for the individual User or Company that know what
they will use, and what they don't want...

/Henric
"Conquest is easy. Control is not."