[mail_lists] Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Port Blocking

Jim jconner at enterit.com
Sun Jun 29 08:57:33 GMT 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 19:36, you wrote:

Some ISP's are taking things too far, imo.  Up until this week, ports 21, 80,
and 25 were blocked.  I could live with my ISP blocking those ports as they
are abused by some people.  Now, here's the stinker!  My ISP just started
blocking ALL incoming ports.  Every one is blocked!  I can't even ssh to my
machine anymore.  I can't scp files between my machines and other remote
machines that I work on remotely.  This is starting to tick me off!  That is
just uncalled for in my opinion.  I could get more service out of dialup back
in the day!  ISPs are going too far, imo.  I pay to get service TO and FROM
my machine.  I don't abuse that ability as some do.

</rant>

Im calling my ISP this week.  Anyone else with SBC having the same problems?

- Jim

- Jim