content filtering, isp responsiblity...(Was: Re: [Dshield] Re:[Full-Disclosure]Port Blocking)

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 13:40:26 GMT 2003

Lets spice this up a bit...

In the US, companies have the right to protect employees.  For example, lets say I am walking down
the hall, and I see my peer browsing porn.  If I take offense, i can sue my company.  Now mind you
this is a US law.  The company is obligated to protect me.  Could one assume the same for the ISP?
 What if I have a child, and he/she is on a porn page.  Or I start to receive porn spam.  Could
one hold their ISP responsible?

This isnt exactly ports, but content...

mrcorp