content filtering, isp responsiblity...(Was: Re: [Dshield]Re:[Full-Disclosure]Port Blocking)

Geoff Shively gshively at pivx.com
Sun Jun 29 20:27:26 GMT 2003

mcorp,
I am confident that most ISPs cover this potential problem in the Disclaimer
of Liability. In fact here is the section from one of the bigger dogs,
Earthlink [ELN]: http://support.earthlink.net/html/misc/disclaimer.html

"Neither EarthLink nor Sprint represent or endorse the accuracy or
reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements
(collectively, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or
linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this
web site (the "Service")...."

Now the question is, why doesn't corporate america deal with this in the
same fashion, a Disclaimer of Employee Liability or some sort. OH NO, This
thread has taken a drastically NON-Technical turn. =)

Cheers
Geoff Shively, CHO
PivX Solutions, LLC

http://www.pivx.com