[mail_lists] Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Port Blocking

Doug White doug at dwhite.ws
Mon Jun 30 03:28:16 GMT 2003

Actually, all of my domains have MX records pointing to gulf.clickdoug.com..
 Since the SBC name servers do not allow dynamic updates, (They want a $100.00
fee for each domain)  the root servers actually will list two rDNS listings.
The one from my registrar, and the one at SBC.

If you are using Sam Spade to do a whois, or geektools, you will find two DNS
listings for the IP numbers.
AOL own name servers update from the root servers, and correctly show my rDNS.
The end result is that I have no problems sending mail to the AOL name servers,
or any others, for that matter.

As a business customer of SBC , I am in full compliance with their TOS, and if
fact, it is not far from my own published AUP.

As for my own firewall, it is maintained at the perimeter of my own network.