[mail_lists] Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Port Blocking

Rick Leske rick at jaray.net
Mon Jun 30 05:34:46 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug White" <doug at dwhite.ws>
To: "General DShield Discussion List" <list at dshield.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [mail_lists] Re: [Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Port Blocking

> Actually, all of my domains have MX records pointing to
gulf.clickdoug.com..
I wasn't refering to MX records.. but rather the rDNS records.  About 1 min
ago. the rDNS record for clickdoug.com reports: Reports
adsl-66-139-91-40.dsl.snantx.swbell.net.  I think this is what AOL is/was
using to trigger there anti-spam filters or perhaps they have whitelisted
SBC xDSL by now.

>  Since the SBC name servers do not allow dynamic updates, (They want a
$100.00
> fee for each domain)  the root servers actually will list two rDNS
listings.
> The one from my registrar, and the one at SBC.
>
> If you are using Sam Spade to do a whois, or geektools, you will find two
DNS
> listings for the IP numbers.
> AOL own name servers update from the root servers, and correctly show my
rDNS.
> The end result is that I have no problems sending mail to the AOL name
servers,
> or any others, for that matter.
>
> As a business customer of SBC , I am in full compliance with their TOS,
and if
> fact, it is not far from my own published AUP.
>
> As for my own firewall, it is maintained at the perimeter of my own
network.

> Stop spam on your domain, use our gateway!
> For hosting solutions http://www.clickdoug.com
> ISP rated: http://www.forta.com/cf/isp/isp.cfm?isp_id=772
> If you are not satisfied with my service, my job isn't done!

Blocking