[Dshield] Mails blocked for Open Relay

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Mon Jun 30 11:12:23 GMT 2003

Anal Shrestha wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Mdaemon version 5.0. When I send mails to earthlin.net or
> Yahoo.com the mails get returned saying that my mail server is blocked as it
> acts as a open relay. I have enbled all the security features available in
> Mdaemon. When i check my mail server from abuse.net for open relay, it says
> that my mail server is secure. I have problem only with Yahoo and
> earthlink.net. Can anyone help please. I would appreciate your help.

Your mail is bouncing because your IP address is on the ORDB blacklist:
http://openrbl.org/ip/202/52/243/2.htm

Your IP is on the ORDB blacklist because it relayed a test message to
ordb.org: http://ordb.org/lookup/?host=202.52.243.2

You are running and open relay.  Close it and get ordb to retest.

Brian