[Dshield] Does anyone know about the anti virus program from AVG

Dave Goodrich dave at pixelhammer.com
Sat Mar 1 23:44:55 GMT 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 12:57:04AM -0500, HaveGunWillTravel wrote:
> Currently I run the AVG anti virus program, does
> anyone know if it protects as good as commercial
> ones?  I cannot run norton or McCaffery for some
> reason they lock up my computer.

I have run it on my desktop when I am booted into NT. Understand that I
get the postmsater mailbox and the spam repository for several domains so
I see 30 - 100 viral messages per day. So far AVG has caught everything
thrown at it.

If you must boot a MS product, and that product must have access to the
internet, AVG works as well as anything else. Just an impression, not an
all inclusive review.

DAve

--
In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain