[Dshield] Does anyone know about the anti virus program from AVG

Chateauneuf dupape at bellatlantic.net
Sun Mar 2 01:23:25 GMT 2003

At 12:57 AM 3/1/2003 -0500, HaveGunWillTravel authored the following:
>Currently I run the AVG anti virus program, does
>anyone know if it protects as good as commercial
>ones?  I cannot run norton or McCaffery for some
>reason they lock up my computer.
I use AVG for scanning e-mail but NAV for system scans. Do you have any
Symantec products that you uninstalled? There is a known problem caused by
live update. Does NAV lock up on install or run?

I have found that the way to use NAV is to disable ALL of the start-up
items and ALL of the services that it installs.

BTW, the key to any AV program is to keep the definitions up to date.