[Dshield] What were the hackers trying to do?

Chateauneuf dupape at bellatlantic.net
Mon Mar 3 15:37:38 GMT 2003

Guess I still don't understand. It came through my ISP. Are you saying
>that an infected LAN passed this to my ISP and they let it through to
>me? Shouldn't my ISP be filtering this type of traffic?
No. The ISP provides connectivity - nothing more. When someone connects to
your IP it's really no different than someone dialing your telephone
number. In both cases, the network is nothing more than a hub routing the
traffic.

What kind of firewall do you have?

How do you connect to the Internet?