[Dshield] Is this REALLY a moderated list?

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Mon Mar 3 18:21:52 GMT 2003

> I thought that this was no longer moderated but all of my posts are delayed
> for review. Wouldn't we be better off with the spontaneity or has this been
> abused in the past?

we need to at least monitor spam. Other posts we reject:

- if you post regarding the style of a particular post
- possible virus attachements (even though the mailing list software
  is now filtering most attachements/scripts)
- mail that is not intended for the list. (in this case, we double check)
- mail that contains personal information the sender probably does not
  want to send (again. we check with the sender)