[Dshield] ugly packets

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Mon Mar 3 18:36:01 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:58:49 -0800 (PST)
melvin smith <Foxtail at emailaccount.com> wrote:

> How come when I submit the following post to dshield
> it doesn't appear. But I get these cryptic replies?

> > I am out of the office until Thursday March 6.

well, auto replies like this are bad, but they are also a fact of
live. Not much we can do. Whenever you post to the list you will
get a number of bounces. The list software will disable accounts
that bounce, but it can only do so if the bounce actually goes
back to the list. Also, mail servers show never ending innovation
when it comes to formating and wording of bounces, so many can
not be parsed automatically.