[Dshield] Email blocking security question

Corinne Cook corinnec at sullcurt.com
Tue Mar 4 23:37:57 GMT 2003

My av program scans .zip files and blocks them only if they have dangerous
files within.  Including the ones you listed, I also quarantine the
following (I quarantine in case some are valid so I can pull them out when
that rarity occurs).  Mind you, we are not in an environment where we have
programmers or developers or others who would be having need to send many of
these to each other so you may not want to be as restrictive as this if you
are in such an environment:

.exe, .com, .chm, .asx, .adp, .ade, .bin, .cpl, .crt, .hlp, .hta, .vb*,
jer.htm, .inf, .ins, .isp, .ini, .jse, .msi, .msp, .mst, .pcd, .scr, .reg,
.wsc, .wsh, .wsf, .ceo, .bat, .cmd, .pif, .asp, .dll

Hope this helps a little.

Corinne Cook
Systems Administrator
Sullivan & Curtis