[Dshield] Integrating DSHIELD IP lookup database

Perez, Percy PercyP at versa-valves.com
Wed Mar 5 13:10:39 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,
Has anyone done any integration between DShield's IP Database lookup and
your own web application?
Maybe submitting an XML request and receiving one back acknowledging if IP
is good or not?  I would like to integrate that with my Login WebPage.  I
had someone yesterday trying to use Brute Force to access my website.  That
caused some accounts to be lock-out.  I looked up the IPs of the offender
hostname, and sure enough it was listed under DSHIELD's IP Database.

Thank you for any future assistance,

Percy

Proprietary and Confidential: The information transmitted is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.