[Dshield] Re: Email blocking security question

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:03:03 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 09:46, Josh Tolley wrote:
> I would also include .js in that list. -- I didn't see it in any of the
> replies this email got.

Also, just FYI...

<plug type="shameless">
	http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html
</plug>

BTW, I've written a procmail rule that will probably trap attacks on the
sendmail exploit. While you can't use it to protect the local sendmail
daemon, it might be useful to protect downstream servers if you're
filtering relayed messages. The regex should also be usable in postfix
and in the milter rules on a patched sendmail.

	http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/local-rules.procmail

(at the end)

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ                           <johnh at aproposretail.com>