[Dshield] BIND 9.2.2

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Thu Mar 6 00:11:58 GMT 2003

> Looks like the issue with 9.2.1 is with linking to OpenSSL

So far, it looks like RedHat is not linking libbind. haven't checked
openssl, but it is unlikely that they linked it statically. Instead,
I would expect the openssl issue to be fixed by the updates redhat
published as that vulnerability was released.

As a matter of fact, I am not sure why anybody would link named to
libbind. have yet to find a good reason. Any BIND experts out there?