[Dshield] Just curious about fightback responses....

Bogdan Stancescu mgv at fx.ro
Thu Mar 6 10:23:47 GMT 2003

 > Am I wrong here?

Hardly so. I guess it's the same apathy that prevents sysadmins to
update their software after CERT security alerts for instance. I can't
remember where, but I read a study some weeks ago saying that the real
weak link in the whole security chain are the lazy sysadmins for not
updating their software (well, they didn't call them lazy there becuase
it was sort of an academic research, but that was the idea). So, there
you go - if they don't upgrade packages clearly labeled "DOS compliant"
:) then why would they take any measures when they receive some e-mail
about some IP and some ports? ;)

Bogdan