[Dshield] Port 445 storm

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Sun Mar 9 13:24:33 GMT 2003

Hello,

What's with all the port 445?  I just noticed it this morning. Is it a
new virus, or just an increase in scanning?   See
http://www.dshield.org/port_report.php?port=445   I don't think there
is a lot of sources, but my poor firewall is blocking over 800 packets
a second right now with a large % for port 445, and that's a lot of
data to store and send to dshield.  It's not the first time I've seen
these high of rates when I am port scanned, but they finish my net and
move on....  This has been going on for too many (think it started
about 8 hours ago) to be just a couple people scanning...