[Dshield] Bad Dest IP reported using CVTWIN and RouterLog

John Duksta john at duksta.org
Thu Mar 13 22:27:36 GMT 2003

Howdy,

Figured I'd get on board with dshield reporting at home. I've installed
RouterLog and CTVWIN to grab and convert the log from my SMC Barricade.

It all works quite nicely, except for the fact that CTVWIN puts my local
machine's IP address as the destination IP for the attacks. Since I'm
running RFC 1918 addressing on my internal network, this means that all
my reports are going to show a dest IP of 192.168.x.x instead of the
AT&T/Comcast IP that is assigned to the Barricade.

Who should I contact about submitting a RFE to CVTWIN to hopefully fix
this issue?

Regards,

--
John Duksta, CISSP