[Dshield] DShield Submission Confirmation Question re unique lines

millerbn millerbn at chiba.dhs.org
Fri Mar 14 05:22:44 GMT 2003

Format: DSHIELD
Timezone: -05:00

Lines in file: 492
Lines rejected: none
Unique lines written to database: 290

This is from a daily pf parser submission and I'm curious about the 492 lines in file and 290 lines
written to the database. I realize the parser counts each as '1' but given that each line had a
unique time stamp; wouldn't all of the lines have been written? Or is it simply that the lines are
added up during the submission process and there is no need to actually write each line to the
database?