[Dshield] HAve I just missed this before

Tim Rushing rushing at jorsm.com
Tue Mar 18 15:59:36 GMT 2003

In fact, Symantec claimed in a press release that this system discovered
SQL Slammer hours before it began propogating rapidly.   Given that Slammer
was the closest thing we've seen to a deployed Flash Worm, that seems to
indicate that Symantec's system is capable of seeing into the future and
analyzing packets before they were even sent. :)  Don't think DShield can
do that!!!

In fact, I'd even be willing to pay for that, though I would be more
interested in the packets returned from a port 80 probe of something like
www.nasdaq.com.

Press release:

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/content.cfm?articleid=1985&EID=0

        ---Tim Rushing